It's Corona Time

“It is just the flu.”
“Why is everyone acting crazy?”
“The world is ending.”
“This is f*** up.” 
“All because someone ate a bat.”

Death.
Anxiety.
Depression.
More Death.
More Anxiety.
More Depression.

I cannot help but think that when everyone said this year would be “2020 perfect vision” that we were all predicting the coronavirus. Or, maybe it was the psychic that wrote about it in her book. Maybe, this was finally our chance to see things clearly. Never in my 21 years have I ever seen something like what we are going through now. It seems as though everyone is trying to grasp the concept of what is really happening. Some people seem to not be taking this seriously, some making jokes not to cry (or making jokes just to make jokes), and some staying inside to not hurt the others.

Even though I was a baby when it was 9/11, it seems as though New York is going through something similar that it did that day but instead is dragged on for months. Never did anyone think they would lose their jobs, schools, or even people they love. In ways, this is the same but yet different. This even seems like Hurricane Sandy when we lost power for a week and everything was destroyed around us. It seems as though we are in a bad movie. Everything is closing, everyone is worried. Never did students think school would be closed for more than 3 months. Our worlds are turned upside down.

Personally, some of my family members lost their jobs. A good friend of mine lost one of her family members. Students missed out on their last memories with friends. I am upset that I missed out on the rest of my senior year of college. More than anything I wanted to walk down that aisle and receive my degree. Obviously, it is all upsetting, but we have to think about the big picture and not the little stuff. Maybe this is our time to spend more time with family, get to know our friends a little better, or even read that book you were dying to read. Now you have the time to do things you actually wanted to do.
           
If your mental health is bad at this time, I apologize. I know what it is like to suffer from bad anxiety. Now more than ever, people know how you feel on an everyday basis. You are going to be ok. If your life was turned upside down during this time and you do not know what to do, start off by making a list of pros and cons in the situation. Do things to take your mind off everything going on. Shut the tv off and remain calm. 

If you know of any people that have died or have lost someone close to you, I am very sorry. This is horrible. There is nothing anyone can say to make things better when you lose a loved one. These things make you stronger....never forget it.

I think it is important to note that we are all going through some sort of heartbreak. Some more than others. None of us are alone. If we work together to stay in our homes and only go out for essential things, the spread will be reduced. People still keep going outside because they think this is some sort of vacation. We need to be productive at home. Even if you can’t be, find a new hobby or even watch a new show.

If we can get over 9/11 and Hurricane Sandy, we can definitely get over this if we work together.
Please stay home. It is very important. Even if you are well.
Be safe.

If you need any help, please feel free to reach out @letssip.jo@gmail.com. My family and I have been donating to food banks. We are praying for everyone.

In honor of my grandma’s birthday today, I will leave you with a quote she always told my family before she died:
“This too shall pass….”

That’s the tea
xoxo
Jo 💗



Comments

Popular Posts