What's In My Cup?
I am not your average girl. Like I mentioned in my last article, I am told I have a boy’s name. I am almost 5’10 where your average girl is about 5’5. I am 21 years old, but am still immature in some ways. I have always been babied my whole life since I am an old child. I have always wondered what it would be like to have siblings. My cousins are basically the siblings I never had and even some of my closest friends. I probably would have matured faster or even been more independent. I am sometimes very hard on myself, because I wish I didn’t let some things get to me like other people.
Sometimes,
I wish I could do more things on my own. I love doing my own makeup, but I am
not the very best at it. I admire people who can do makeup and still look like
they aren’t wearing any. I love lipstick!! Lipstick is one of my obsessions and
one of the things I can never have too much of. I am learning how to cook and
enjoy watching my mom make things. I feel by this age, I should be doing a lot
more but it was hard on both me and my parents to accept the fact at times that
I am actually an adult now.
Most
girls have been in long term relationships by now, but not me. I am always
picky with the people I go out with. To me, it is very hard to find a good guy
and most guys wind up breaking my heart (even though I have broken a few). I
want someone who my family would be proud of and who truly makes me the
happiest. I have yet to find both. I guess that is what makes me a hopeless
romantic. I think it is hard for me to find love at times because I can second
guess myself and if I have to realize at times everyone is human, even my
friends. This is part of me being a Scorpio I guess.
Scorpios
are known to be stubborn. At times, I can be more for anyone to handle. I can
be harder on myself than anyone will ever be including my parents. I am known
to cry a lot and be a very emotional person. I wear my heart on my
sleeve. I am always determined in what I do. If you give me a task or
even a problem of some sort, I won’t stop until it is solved. My friends tell
me that I should be in the FBI at times because I can find things out about a
person within minutes. This is also what makes me curious and passionate. I am
overly organized. But, if you ask anyone they will tell you I am beyond loyal.
I will always have your back and do anything for the people I love. This is one
of the main traits of a Scorpio.
Some
bad traits I have are that I can sometimes be jealous. I often seek attention.
I think this is because I always grew up with the attention on me. Sometimes I
can be selfish. I can also have trouble admitting my mistakes. I constantly
find the need to make other people happy which can be a good thing and a bad
thing. Sometimes, I drain myself by doing this. But, if I see myself doing any
of these things, I try to fix them. I think that truly shows I am growing every
single day.
I
try to love everyone unconditionally. No matter the race, size, or anything of
a person, I will give them my all. I think this is one of the main reasons I
want to be a teacher. I want to constantly give people my all. Knock me down
seven times, I get up eight. I am known to be very creative and I truly am
OBSESSED with quotes. It makes me look on the positive side of things. I am
even called “Sunshine” because I am known to be positive in the harder times.
My whole Instagram has quotes and even my future classroom will.
My family is my life. My mom and dad are my best friends. It has always been the three of us. Things can get tough at times, but I know at the end of the day they are always the people who have my back and love me the most in the world. At this point in my life, I can say I have a very good amount of friends. Friends I know will always have my back and be there if I need something. I waited all my life to have friends like I do now, and I could not be more thankful.
I
love to read when I have the time. Anything romantic will have me intrigued. It
can be a book or even a show. I imagine myself in my own love story or even
comparing these experiences to my real life. My favorite t.v. show is Grey’s
Anatomy. I have always imagined myself on this show. Even shows like Gossip
Girl! People always tell me I look exactly like Blake Lively…. I see it and I
don’t. I love her outfits and want to travel to any place they did in the show.
I want to look like she did in the show when I am a teacher.
I
enjoy having a good drink here or there. I definitely like the sweet stuff.
But, I definitely do not need to drink to have a good time. I love to go places
with my friends. One of my favorite things to do is brunch. I love any
breakfast food. But, one of my favorite things in the world is brownies. I
especially love random adventures. There was one time my friends and I drove
about an hour just to get Insomnia Cookies. It is the little things that make
me happy. Although, it is sometimes the little things that can make me sad.
Last
but not least, one of my favorites is iced coffee. No matter the season, you
can catch me with an iced coffee in my hands. I prefer Dunkin over Starbucks
but truly like both. This is why my icon is iced coffee. I live for iced coffee
shops and truly would not have gotten through college without constant coffee.
I
will now end will one of my favorite quotes that builds me up when I am down on
myself:
“Someone
out there feels better because you exist.”
That’s
the tea
xoxo
Jo 💗



Comments
Post a Comment